Senior Full Stack Developer
Based in Sri Lanka
Park Lane is growing! We are a leading data solutions consultancy based in Melbourne, Australia and now have a permanent, full-time opportunity for a Senior Full Stack Developer to join our team in Sri Lanka.
This role will be key in the delivery of a large, multi-year program of work with a Tier 1 Global Accounting Firm. We’re looking for someone with extremely strong React, Node.js and TypeScript programming skills and experience working in an agile development environment.
The ideal candidate will have at least 10 years of experience in Application Programming, Cloud Engineering, and associated technologies.
We’re looking for an accountable leader who can, with the support and assistance of the team, take ownership of delivering world class software solutions for our customers.
Experience working with financial systems and large data sets is highly desirable.
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
- Enhance usability of applications (UX / UI)
- Collaborate with the broader team in the delivery of projects using lean agile design and delivery methodologies.
- Conduct requirements gathering, making recommendations to contribute to successful client outcomes.
- Undertake solution design to address client requirements and translate those requirements into functional software applications.
- Build high quality client relationships; be accessible and communicate regularly.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of relevant Frameworks, Application Technologies, and Products.
- Assist to relay knowledge back to the broader team, building a strong culture of learning and continual improvement.
- Work with applications that handle large, complex data sets. Solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced methods as needed.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve applications that deliver client outcomes at global scale.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
Skill and Experience Required
- Extensive commercial experience using React (https://reactjs.org/)
- Extensive commercial experience using Node.js (https://nodejs.org/en/)
- Extensive commercial experience using TypeScript (https://www.typescriptlang.org/)
- Experience with RESTful API design and development
- Experience with SQL query design and development
- Strong understanding of UX and UI design patterns
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Azure ecosystem
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Skill for writing reusable libraries
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns but mostly microservices architecture
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server
- Knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code
- Understanding of fundamental design principles for building a scalable application
- Experience creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Experience implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests (CI/CD)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with Cloud Providers such as Azure and/or GCP (manage images, deployments, secrets, etc.
Who Are We Looking For
If you are an individual with solid references indicating the characteristics of hard working, curious, keen to learn, motivated and a demonstrated team player with a solution focused approach to any challenges and the attitude to go above and beyond to deliver outcomes for the client, you are the one we are looking for!
A competitive salary package awaits! If your curiosity to learn is at the forefront of your career aspirations, we want to hear from you!