Senior Business Analyst
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Our team is growing. In addition to our office in Melbourne and Sri Lanka, we are seeking a new team member to join us in Wellington, New Zealand.
The successful applicant will act as a bridge between business and delivery/technology teams, fostering a collaborative and results-oriented environment. You will have the opportunity to impact real change that aligns with company wide strategic objectives and facilitates a program of continuous improvement.
- Develop business domain understanding to define and document business problems and opportunities.
- Build relationships with various business end-user and management communities to understanding business strategies, policies and functions.
- Gain the confidence of these stakeholders for the effectiveness, quality and benefits of the Business Analysis function
- Take ownership for the investigative work to determine business requirements and specify effective business processes through improvements in information systems, information management, practices, procedures and organisation change.
- Collaborate with Product Owner, subject matter experts and other stakeholders to deliver alignment to business objectives with clear outcomes/deliverables.
- Document current state and through analysis and design, assist in the definition of a target state in collaboration with the Product Owner and business stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the Product Owner to refine the product vision, product roadmap, release plans and product backlog.
- Creation of Epics, User Stories, Requirements definition and translation to Jira
- Facilitate sprint and quarter planning.
- Arrange and optimize product backlog.
- Facilitate daily scrums, stand-ups, and meetings to monitor project progress and resolve any issues the team may be experiencing
- Assist the customer in the creation of test scripts and acceptance criteria definition
- Clear project obstacles and impediments that could slow down the team’s progress
- Manage risks and issue identification and management
- Help the team boost their productivity and performance through improving estimation and velocity.
- Coach the team in self-organization and cross-functionality
- Help development team to create high-quality products
- Proficient in Atlassian product suite in particular Jira and Confluence
- Experienced Agile product development
- Advanced MS Office and Google product suite
- Experience with enterprise level finance systems and working with financial data and processes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to build rapport with stakeholders of all levels of seniority
- Ability to work with ambiguity and change while developing understanding of complex technical environments and procedures
- Ability to facilitate meetings, workshops, discovery sessions and provide training
- Ability to manage priorities of self and communicate clearly with team of same
- Detail-oriented, analytical mindset with a focus on problem-solving.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Abilities to develop, catalogue and manage clear documentation and project reporting
- Previous experience in projects across finance and technology favourable
- Preference for the candidate to have experience in finance/banking
Support Analyst Programmer
Location: Sri Lanka
We’re busier than ever and our Sri Lankan team is seeking new team members.
We are seeking new team members to join our growing team in Sri Lanka. You will have strong Oracle Forms, APEX, PL/SQL and Oracle Database experience. You will also have previous experience with application software development & support, Windows and Linux operating systems, Unix shell scripting and excellent problem solving skills. Experience with Cloud platforms and technologies (Oracle Cloud, GCP, AWS or Azure) will be an advantage.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve issues to ensure the highest level of availability of the customers’ applications.
- Design, build and test enhancements to the applications to meet agreed customer specifications.
- Maintain the incident tracking system with regular updates and resolution details.
- Maintain system, program and operations documentation.
- Contribute to post implementation reviews to assess the effectiveness of the solution provided.
- Participate in an ‘on-call’ roster as necessary to provide support coverage outside of standard business hours.
- Strong Oracle Forms, APEX, PL/SQL, Oracle Database experience
- Previous experience with application software development & support
- Operating systems: Windows and Linux
- Unix shell scripting
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to cope under pressure
Experience with Cloud platforms and technologies (Oracle Cloud, GCP, AWS or Azure) an advantage
Experience in one or more of the areas listed below will be an added advantage:
- Financial application systems
- API/Web development, including Oracle REST Data Services
- Jasper reports
- XML or JSON
- HTML and Java scriptExposure to and/or experience with the following will be considered:
- Database Administration experience
- Linux and Windows system administration
- Experience with PowerShell or Python
- Use of Cloud platforms and technologies (GCP, AWS or Azure)
- CI/CD, automation, release and configuration management skills – experience with Jenkins /Puppet / Chef / Ansible / Salt
- Able to autonomously define, estimate and execute plans while proactively managing time
- Strong ownership of issues and critical nature of client support issues ensuring follow through toresolution and minimising business impact
- Strong ability to adapt to change, flourishing in dynamic environments
- At least 5 years work experience across the technologies described above
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation
- Experience working with Agile/DevOps principles and approaches
- Vendor qualifications around Oracle and Cloud technologies highly regarded